iZotope Announces Nectar 2 Vocal Production Suite
iZotope has announced an all-new iteration of their award-winning vocal processing technology, Nectar. Available October 2013, Nectar 2 provides analog character to your vocal tracks with a comprehensive vocal production suite of digital plugins.
“We were excited to revisit what made Nectar so ideal as a vocal processing plug-in,” says Brett Bunting, Product Manager for iZotope Inc. “We’ve spent a lot of development time incorporating new ideas designed with our users in mind. Nectar 2 users won’t believe how quickly they’ll be able to recreate classic vocal sounds or invent brand new ones.”
Nectar 2 can bring life to vocal tracks with modeled plate reverb, harmonic saturation, and new creative effects. The audio suite includes pitch editing, automatic breath removal, harmonization, and much more.
- Add harmonies to vocal tracks with the new Harmonizer. Play with intelligent automatic settings or define your own with a MIDI controller.
- Add space and character to vocals with the EMT 140-modeled Plate Reverb module, featuring a unique saturation control to emulate the original plate’s preamp.
- Finesse vocal takes quickly with the new Pitch Editor and Breath Control plug-ins.
- Explore seven new creative effects in the new FX module.
- Dive in with a streamlined Overview panel for simple adjustments and added metering for visual feedback.
- Choose from 150+ new presets in styles that range from classic to modern.
Customers who purchased Nectar after August 1, 2013 will receive a free upgrade to Nectar 2 upon release. Special upgrade pricing will be available for all previous Nectar and Nectar Elements customers upon release.
Nectar 2 can be used as plug-ins in your favorite host. Supported plug-in formats include 64-bit AAX (Pro Tools 11), RTAS/AudioSuite (Pro Tools 7.4-10), VST, VST 3, and Audio Unit.