Corsair Announces Obsidian Series 750D Full-Tower PC Case
Corsair has announced the release of the new Obsidian Series 750D performance full-tower PC case, sporting a sleek black finish. It features nine expansion slots, four front-mounted USB ports, an abundance of expansion bays designed for easy installation of graphics cards and drives, and more – all while maximizing air flow.
The Obsidian Series 750D is built with solid construction in mind, featuring brushed aluminum and solid steel construction, while its interior makes room for a large amount of high-end components. It features sophisticated cooling to allow users to push their hardware to its limits without the worry of overheating. With its tool-free side panels and drive bays, along with cable routing grommets, alignment pegs and motherboard rear CPU access, the case is designed with painless rig-building in mind.
“When we launched our enormously successful, supersized Obsidian 900D case, enthusiasts raved about its sleek design, solid metal construction, and expandability, but not everyone needs so much room,” said Xavier Lauwaert, Director of Product Marketing at Corsair. “Obsidian 750D is built for those users that demand full-on Obsidian quality in a standard full-tower form factor with plenty of innovative features and cooling options.”
Obsidian Series 750D Specifications
- 9 expansion slots for larger motherboards and running multiple graphics cards or expansion boards simultaneously.
- Six tool-free 3.5”/2.5” combo bays in two modular hard drive cages, with room for two more cages for up to 12 total combo drive bays.
- Four tool-free 2.5” side-mounted drive cages for SSDs, out of the airflow path.
- Three tool-free 5.25” bays for expansion
- Four front mounted USB ports for easy peripheral or external storage device connection.
- Three included AF140L high-airflow 140mm fans (2 front, 1 rear) for excellent airflow and low noise levels.
- Room for up to 8 fans
- Radiator compatibility:
- Top – 360mm or 280mm
- Front – 280mm or 240mm
- Bottom – 240mm
- Rear – 140mm or 120mm
Storage Layout Options
- Modular hard drive cages can be located in four separate mounting locations.
- Side-mounted 2.5” cages allow quick, easy removal of the 3.5” drive cages for better airflow or room for radiators, while maintaining capacity for up to four 2.5” drives.
Builder Friendly Features
- Thumbscrew side panel removal and expansion slots and tool-free 3.5”, 2.5”, and 5.25” drive bays.
- Center-post standoff holds motherboard in place while you secure the other screws.
- Easily accessible (and removable) front, rear, and top dust filters.
- Outstanding cable routing with rubber grommets for superior airflow and cleaner, neater builds.
- Four USB ports (two USB 3.0) and headphone/mic jacks in the front panel for easy access.
Dimensions and Weight
- Length x Width x Height
- 21.5 x 9.25 x 22 inches
- 546 x 235 x 560mm
- 9.7 kg
- 21.4 lbs
Pricing, Availability, and Warranty
The Obsidian Series 750D has a suggested retail price of $159.99 in the US and is available immediately from Corsair’s worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. It is backed with a limited 2-year warranty and Corsair’s excellent customer service and technical support.