Vertical Drop Heroes HD Steam Edition Giveaway
To celebrate the release of Vertical Drop Heroes HD on Steam (releasing July 25th), we’re giving away two download keys for the game! Our writer Joshua Evangelista enjoyed the platformer RPG hybrid, praising its fun factor, fast-paced action and challenging gameplay. You can read his full review of the Steam Greenlight version of the game here. Vertical Drop Heroes HD will be on sale for 30% off at launch.
Use the options in the widget below to gain entries! You have until July 30th, 2014 to enter. Winners will be randomly selected on July 31st, 2014 and will be notified via email or social media. Good luck!
New Steam Features
– Three new language options: Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish and German! Now you can switch the interface and dialogue to these new languages, with more on the way.
– Ten new enemies, each with a new behaviour and attack pattern! Face the horrifyingly cute Goblin Zombie, avoid the arrows from Skeleton Archers, dodge fireballs from Winged Demons, and more!
– New blocks! Wooden Blocks collapse when burned or if you step on them for too long, Falling Blocks drop you into danger but injure any enemies they fall on, and Bubble Blocks blow bubbles that bounce you to hard to reach locations… or into spikes!
– Steam leaderboards, achievements and statistics! Share your high scores with your Steam friends, and complete various challenges to collect dozens of Steam achievements!
About Vertical Drop Heroes HD
– Randomly generated stages, enemies and bosses, resulting in a very replayable game
– Artwork, coding and animation done by one person (me) in that unique Nerdook style
– Split screen, local co-op, as well as network coop!
– Destructible terrain and multiple uses for each skill gives you plenty of options to approach the different situations generated
– Tons of skills, abilities, traits and powers that you can unlock in the game, creating a different hero each time
– Unique combat system where proper planning is more important than quick reflexes
– Persistent upgrades allow you to carry forward progress between games, with a choice between increasingly expensive persistent upgrades or generally cheaper temporary upgrades
– Every enemy and boss has been designed to provide challenge and variety
This is a HD remake of GIGANTIC proportions for Vertical Drop Heroes, the original webgame with over 2 million plays… from Nerdook, a one-man developer with a portfolio of games that has accumulated more than 50 million plays worldwide! Bigger and better in every way, Vertical Drop Heroes HD revamps the entire game into an epic, randomly generated platformer RPG!