Nickelodeon has announced that The Legend of Korra – Book Two: Spirits will be available this summer on Blu-ray and DVD. Taking place six months after the events of Book One: Air, Korra will learn the origins of the very first Avatar while embarking upon new adventures with Mako, Bolin, Asami, Tenzin and the rest of her group. The Legend of Korra – Book Two: Spirits will be available July 1, 2014 for $34.99 (Blu-ray) and $19.99 (DVD).
For more information, check out the press release below!
Full Press Release
NEW YORK – April 14, 2014 – The Legend of Korra – Book Two: Spirits arrives on Blu-ray and DVD this summer. Six months after the events of Book One, a new journey begins with exciting new characters, villains and adventures in which Korra learns the story of the very first Avatar. The series was voted as IGN’s Best TV Animated Series in 2012 and was the only animated series on the annual list of iTunes Best TV Shows of 2013. The Legend of Korra – Book Two: Spirits Blu-ray and DVD, created by Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and distributed by Paramount Home Media Distribution, is available July 1, 2014, for the suggested retail price of $34.99 (Blu-ray) and $19.99 (DVD).
About The Legend of Korra – Book Two: Spirits:
From the creators of the beloved animated franchise Avatar: The Last Airbender comes The Legend of Korra. After ridding Republic City of Amon and his Equalist revolution, Korra is more confident and headstrong then ever – she is even able to enter the Avatar State at will. But when political tensions arise between the Southern and Northern Water Tribes, Korra’s hot-headed approach sets off a Civil War of epic proportions. Complicating factors is the sudden appearance of mysterious Dark Spirits who are attacking the Southern Water Tribe people and Korra learns that even her Avatar State cannot defeat them. With a battle for the fate of the world fast approaching and villains on every side, Korra delves deep into her past lives to connect with the very first Avatar. Only then will she have the power and knowledge to restore balance between the physical and spirit worlds.
The Legend of Korra – Book Two: Spirits Fast Facts:
Street Date: July 1, 2014
Blu-ray SRP: $34.99
Blu-ray Catalogue: 7914774 (US / CN)
DVD SRP: $19.99
DVD Catalogue: 899234 (US / CN)
Running Time: 330 Minutes
Audio on Blu-ray: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio & Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital
Audio on DVD: English 5.1 Dolby Digital & Spanish 2.0 Stereo
Blu-ray Special Features:
· Audio Commentaries from series creators, cast and crew for all 14 episodes. (BD Exclusive)
· 15 Scene Bending Animatics featuring character sketches, layouts, and rough animation behind the action-packed scenes in Book Two. (BD Exclusive)
· Inside the Book of Spirits – A behind-the-scenes look at the making of The Legend of Korra – Book Two. Show creators Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko run through the creative process from story concepts to scripting to the animation phase, and more. (BD Exclusive)
· The Re-telling of Korra’s Journey – Featurette relives the exciting adventures of Avatar Korra in this extended Book One recap with 30 minutes of video clips. (BD Exclusive)
· Kindred Spirits: Tenzin’s Family – All-access deconstruction of Tenzin’s familial relationships, from his children to his siblings; includes interviews with creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. (BD Exclusive)
· Feuding Spirits: Korra’s Family – In-depth look at Korra’s entire family dynamic, from her father to her uncle; includes interviews by the creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko.
· Audio Commentaries from series creators, cast and crew for 4 episodes
· 2 Scene Bending Animatics featuring character sketches, layouts, and rough animation behind the action-packed scenes in Book Two.
· Feuding Spirits: Korra’s Family - In-depth look at Korra’s entire family dynamic, from her father to her uncle; includes interviews by the creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko.
The Legend of Korra – Book Two: Spirits premiered on Nickelodeon September 13, 2013 and ranked #1 in the time period with A18-34 and M18-34 across all television. The hit series averaged 2.1 million viewers per episode throughout the shows second season.
Set 70 years after the events of Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra follows the next Avatar after Aang–a teenaged girl named Korra (Janet Varney) who is from the Southern Water Tribe. Korra lives in Republic City, the modern “Avatar” world that is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive. Under the tutelage of Aang’s son, Tenzin (J.K. Simmons), Korra continues her Avatar training while dealing with the dangers at large. The series is co-created and executive produced by Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, co-creators of the Emmy Award-winning Avatar: The Last Airbender. Joaquim Dos Santos is co-executive producer.
The Legend of Korra – Book Two: Spirits voice cast includes Janet Varney (Dinner and a Movie) as Korra, David Faustino (Married…with Children) as Mako, P.J. Byrne (Wolf of Wall Street) as Bolin, J.K. Simmons (The Closer) as Tenzin, Mindy Sterling (Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery) as Chief Lin Beifong, Seychelle Gabriel (Falling Skies) as Asami Sato, Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men) as Jinora, and Eva Marie Saint (Superman Returns) as Katara. New additions this season include Lisa Edelstein (House) as Kya, Richard Riehle (Office Space) as Bumi, John Michael Higgins (Pitch Perfect) as Varrick, Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) as Eska, James Remar (Dexter) as Tonraq and Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead) as Wan, the first Avatar.
Nickelodeon, now in its 35th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in almost 100 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 19 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B).
About Paramount Home Media Distribution
Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The PHMD division oversees PPC’s home entertainment, digital and television distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for certain DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment titles. PHMD additionally manages global licensing of studio content and distribution across worldwide digital and television distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.