MSI reveals a killer new professional laptop in the MSI GT60-0NG.
CES 2013 has arrived, and you can expect plenty of new tech and gadgets to be unveiled by the big name companies in the coming days. MSI has just revealed their new Mobile Workstation, the MSI GT60-0NG. This top-of-the-line laptop is powered by a NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU, an Intel® Core i7 Quad Core processor, Killer™ Intelligent Networking with high-performance Gigabit Ethernet for HD video and high-quality audio, a backlit keyboard, premium speakers, and Cooler Boost to instantly optimize system temperatures.
Though MSI has been mostly known for high-end performance gaming laptops, they’re now hoping to appeal to industry professionals such as scientists and graphic designers with this new MSI GT60-0NG mobile workstation.
“The MSI GT60-0NG platform, with the NVIDIA Quadro K2000M, is the ideal form factor for CAD and DCC professionals that need the flexibility to be mobile, yet still need the proven reliability and stability of a workstation-class solution,” said Shawn Worsell, product line manager at NVIDIA. “Mobile Workstations enable explorers, designers and artists to unleash their creativity anywhere, and everywhere they go.”
- Multiple Display Support – Multi-task with ease with up to 4 independent displays, including the native display (notebook display)
- sRGB Standard – Delivers consistent, stable and vibrant colors at all ranges to enables perfect color rendering without any loss of fidelity
- NVIDIA® Scalable Geometry Engine – Dramatically improves geometry performance across applications and enables the user to work interactively with large scale complex models and scenes
- Fast 3D Texture Transfer – Fast transfer and manipulation of 3D textures resulting in more interactive visualization of large volumetric datasets
- Hardware 3D Window Clipping – Hardware accelerated clip regions which improve overall graphics performance by increasing transfer speed between color buffer and frame buffer
- 16K Texture and Render Processing – Ability to texture and render surfaces up to 16K x 16K, particularly beneficial for applications that demand the highest resolution and quality image processing.
- OpenGL Quad Buffered Stereo Support – Provides a smooth and immersive 3D stereo experience for professional design applications
The Quadro Workstation is currently available for $2,099.99 at Newegg and Amazon.